Do you have children who are growing up right now and need to get ready for their new room? If so, what would you do if you were in the situation?
This is a problem that every parent will face at one time or another. Because when the kids grow up, many parents are left with the decision to either let them live with the old furniture and accessories in their new bedroom or have to buy brand new furniture. Either way, the process of moving out and getting the furniture is both costly and time consuming.
But, worry not! We are going to share a few basic ideas on how to create a cool kids room that is still on a budget.
Where to start?
When it comes to renovating a child’s bedroom on a budget, there are a few key places to start. First, consider painting the walls or adding wallpaper. This can be a relatively inexpensive way to make a big impact in the room. Second, focus on the flooring. Adding new carpet or floor tiles can also help to transform the space. Finally, don’t forget the accessories! Things like new bedding, curtains, and light fixtures can all help to tie the room together and make it feel like new.
Make your children’s bedroom safe for your child
It actually depends on the age of your children. If your kids are below 5 years old, then you need extra caution on how to decorate your children’s bedroom. There are a few basic simple steps you can take to make your children’s bedroom safe for your child. First, make sure that all electrical outlets are covered with childproof covers. Second, ensure that any sharp corners on furniture are well-padded. Remove any potentially dangerous items, such as heavy mirrors, from the room. Third, keep any small objects or toys out of reach of your child. By taking these simple steps, you can help create a safe and enjoyable environment for your child.
When it comes to renovating a child’s bedroom, one of the most important things to consider is the color scheme. The colors you choose will set the tone for the entire room, so it’s important to choose wisely. For doing so, you need to consider the age of your child. Younger children tend to prefer brighter, more vibrant colors, while older children may prefer calmer, more subdued tones. Here are a few colour scheme ideas that you can try for your kid’s bedroom:
- Pink and blue: This classic color scheme is perfect for creating a girly or boyish look.
- Green and brown: This earthy color scheme is great for creating a nature-inspired space, perfect for 6 year old boy room ideas who love to go on adventures.
- Yellow and gray: This cheerful color scheme is perfect for brightening up a space.
- Purple and white: This regal color scheme is perfect for creating a luxurious look.
If you’re planning on renovating your child’s bedroom, one of the key components will be storage. Children, especially toddlers have a lot of stuff, from clothes to toys to books, and you’ll need to find a way to store it all in a way that’s both functional and stylish. Therefore, you might look for toddler girl/boy room ideas on a budget. With that said, here are some storage ideas to keep in mind for your next children’s bedroom renovation:
- Built-in storage: This could include shelving, cabinets, or even a desk with built-in drawers.
- Baskets and bins: These are great for storing smaller items and can be easily tucked away in a closet or corner.
- Toy chests: A toy chest is a must-have for any child’s bedroom. They can store all of their toys in one place.
Wondering what to do with the walls? Here are some great wall art ideas that will make your child’s bedroom renovation one to remember:
- Wall decals: Wall decals are a great way to add some personality to your child’s bedroom. You can find wall decals in a variety of themes, from animals to cartoon characters and more.
- Painting: A fresh coat of paint can really brighten up a room. You can either paint the entire room one color or get creative with a paintbrush and create a mural on one of the walls.
- Wall art: Wall art is a great way to personalize your child’s bedroom. You can find wall art in a variety of styles, from abstract to portraits, and more.
As your little girl/boy grows up, their bedroom should grow with them. However, if you have a 10 years old girl, she is likely to have her own ideas and style for her bedroom renovation. So, you can just follow what she loves and how she wants it. The same with your 11 year old boy, for example. It is easier as you can let him decorate as he wishes.
If you’re planning a bedroom renovation for your child, you may be wondering how to save money on furniture. After all, children grow quickly and their tastes can change just as rapidly. You may also be concerned about finding furniture that is both stylish and child-friendly. Here are a few ideas on how to find affordable furniture for your child’s bedroom:
- Shop at second-hand stores: You can find some great bargains on gently used furniture at second-hand stores.
- Look for clearance items: Many stores have clearance sections where you can find deeply discounted furniture.
- Buy in bulk: If you need more than one piece of furniture, see if you can get a discount for buying in bulk.
- Compare prices: Be sure to compare prices before you make a purchase. You can go to different places before you decide on buying one.
Leave The Renovation To Us
Having a professional interior design service, such as 9Creation, can create your home listing to be one of the best investments you make in getting more buyers into your home. By creating an interior design and a 3D representation of your home, you’ll get the best visualization of your long-last investment before making the biggest decision of your life. Get yours too with 9Creation here to prevent unwanted results that will waste your money and time.