You just have to spend two minutes here to learn about the humidity in Singapore. It’s sticky, it’s uncomfortable, and it feels like you are living in a sponge. No matter how much you take showers, it doesn’t help in the tropical humidity level Singapore. Humidity is indeed one of the major causes of skin irritations, particularly for those living in humid regions.
There are things to do in a cool room to feel better than you would in a hot one. Indoor humidity varies by location. You may need to check what the average humidity is for that area in order to know how to overcome it.
How can you tell if indoor humidity is high?
The ideal normal humidity level level in Singapore for the living room is between 40 and 45 percent. It’s ideal to have less than 30 percent humidity and more than 50 percent moisture. It is possible to make your home more comfortable by maintaining a nice, cool temperature inside. It increases the likelihood of water and mold on the ceiling.
Water seepage can lead to siding damage. If the humidity is higher than you are used to, your allergies will be worse. It’s bad news for anyone with respiratory problems if dust mite and allergens build up in humid homes. Cleaning the house is a good way to keep allergies under control.
When the temperature drops and the humidity falls below 30, this will cause the air to become more electrified. This will result in electric static discharges and damage sensitive electronic equipment.
What else is causing Humidity?
There are a number of factors that can affect indoor humidity in Singapore. The design of your new home and how well you’ve planned for it are included. Before you put the AC remote in your pocket, turn the air conditioner on. The problem of indoor humidity in Singapore may not be solved by a huge air conditioner.
Why is it happening? The air conditioner unit cools your home quickly. It has a heater that keeps its temperature constant, and it will turn on and off frequently. If there is enough time for the coil to pass through, then it will work. The indoor humidity in Singapore are unaffected by the AC unit is large.
How to resolve humidity level in Singapore at home with design and decor solutions
If you don’t have access to a humidifier in your home, here are several ways to ensure you have adequate humidity levels in your room.
If you are a new homeowner, you should consider implementing some home interior and design ideas to bring down the humidity levels.
Humidity level monitors are great for keeping an eye on the humidity level at your home, which makes them ideal for anyone who wants to closely watch indoor humidity levels.
- It’s important that cross-ventilation is taken care of. The windows on the opposite side of the room are not closed. If there aren’t any existing windows, try to find a home that has one on both sides. It’s a good idea to open the windows during the morning and evening hours.
- Reducing heat transfer from the windows to the interior of the room can be accomplished with curtains, blinds, and drapes.
- Materials and colors that are cool are what you should use. It’s best to stick to light and neutral colors that block heat.
- It’s a good idea to replace carpets with cooler plans. Marble is cool even in hot climates.
There are quick fixes for how to reduce humidity
We have solutions to bring down the humidity levels if you don’t want to modify your home. Here’s how:
- Get a dehumidifier to reduce humidity. Dehumidifiers work the best when the whole property is sealed off, and a large-scale unit will work best when you have a fan. Be sure to have an extra fan blowing on your area. Having a dehumidifier is an excellent idea, but it needs the help of a fan to circulate the moist. You’ll get a small, medium, or large model for your bedrooms and study.
- Check your AC filters regularly. Clean them if needed, but most air conditioning units have an auto option for this. Before buying an air conditioning system, make sure the unit is the right size for your room.
- The exhaust fans should be on while cooking or showering.
- As much as possible, open the doors and windows.
- Get a green streak for your house! Plants are natural air purifiers and generate more oxygen for your surroundings, making your room less suffocated. In order to keep your house plant healthy and happy, you’ll want to have low-light plants that will survive in an indoor environment.
Avoid humidity issues with the help of great interior designers from 9Creation
A professional interior design service, such as 9Creation, can make your home listing one of the best investments you make in getting more buyers into your home. By creating an interior design and a 3D representation of your home, you’ll get the best visualization of your long-last investment before making the most significant decision. Get yours with 9Creation here to prevent unwanted results that will waste your money and time.
Visit our showroom at East: 140 Paya Lebar Road #01-14, AZ @ Paya Lebar S(409015) or West: 18 Boon Lay Way #01-98A Tradehub 21 S(609966).