Is your small bedroom in Singapore getting congested with clothes and bedding? Or is it too small to accommodate all your belongings?
If you have a small room, the last thing you want to do is waste space. You know that every square inch of real estate counts when it comes to money. And the same thing goes for your bedroom. So before you go buying a new bed, you need to think about how much space you are willing to give up to buy a new bed.
Once you have a new bed, it won’t make any difference to you whether or not you have a small or big bedroom because the new bed will take up more than half of your bedroom.
In this article, we will be going to explore some smart space-saving layout ideas for your small bedroom in Singapore.
So if you want to know how to get more space in your bedroom without having to buy a new bed, read on.
Creating a storage wall
If you are struggling with storage in a small bedroom, one solution is to create a storage wall. This can be done by adding shelves, cabinets, or even dressers to one or both sides of the bed. By doing this, you can create more space for clothes, shoes, and other items.
A storage wall can be a great way to make a small bedroom feel larger and more organized. If you’re interested in creating a storage wall in your bedroom, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Choose the right location. The first step is to choose the best location for your storage wall. You will want to consider factors like the size of the room and the placement of the bed.
- Select the right shelving. Once you have chosen the location for your storage wall, it is time to select the materials for the shelves.
- You can also install hooks or pegs on the wall to hang items like purses, jackets, or hats.
With a little creativity, you can easily turn a small bedroom into a well-organized and functional space.
Using the corners of your room
If you have a small bedroom, you may feel like you don’t have enough space to make it work for you. However, there are some clever ways to use the corners of your room to create extra storage and sleeping space. With a little bit of creativity, you can transform your small bedroom into a cozy and functional space.
Here are some ideas for making the most of the corners in your small bedroom:
- Install shelves or a cabinet in the corner to create extra storage space.
- Put a corner desk in the room to create a functional workspace.
- Put a daybed or futon in the corner to create a cozy reading nook or extra sleeping space.
- Hang a tapestry or piece of art in the corner to add visual interest to the room.
If you use the furniture in your corners wisely, you can make the most of your small bedroom and create a cozy and functional space.
Incorporating a murphy bed
If you live in a small space, you know that every inch counts. When it comes to furnishing a small bedroom, you need to be strategic in order to make the most of the space you have. One great way to do this is by incorporating a murphy bed.
A murphy bed is a type of bed that can be folded up into a wall or cabinet when not in use. This is a great space-saving solution for a small bedroom, and it can also help to create a more versatile space. For example, you could use the space underneath the bed for a home office or reading nook when it’s not being used as a bedroom.
Creating a loft space
If you are struggling with what to do with a small bedroom, one option is to create a loft space. A loft space is a raised platform that can be used for sleeping, storage, or a variety of other purposes. When done correctly, a loft space can make a small bedroom feel much larger and more functional.
If you are considering creating a loft space in your small bedroom, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you will need to ensure that the ceiling in your bedroom is tall enough to accommodate a loft. Second, you will need to plan for adequate ventilation and lighting in the space. And finally, you will need to make sure the space is safe and sturdy before using it.
Creating a loft space in a small bedroom can be a great way to make the most of your space.
Hidden storage ideas
If you have a small bedroom, you know the struggle of trying to fit everything into a limited space. But there are some creative storage solutions that can help you make the most of your small bedroom. Here are a few hidden storage ideas to get you started:
- Install shelves above your bed. This will give you extra space to store items like books, photos, and knick-knacks.
- Get a bed with built-in storage. This type of bed usually has drawers built into the frame, giving you extra space to store clothes, linens, and other items.
- Use the space under your bed. You can buy storage bins or baskets that fit perfectly under your bed. This is a great way to store out-of-season clothes, extra bedding, or even shoes.
- Another great way to add hidden storage to a small bedroom is to use the space behind the door. This is a great place to hang clothes or bags.
Making use of vertical space
If you are working with a small bedroom, it is important to make use of all the space you have – including the vertical space. This can be done by hanging curtains from the ceiling, mounting shelves on the walls, and using other creative storage solutions.
By utilizing the vertical space in your small bedroom, you can make the room feel larger and more open. This can be a great way to create a more comfortable and inviting space.
A bedroom that doubles as a home office
It can be difficult to find the right balance between a cozy bedroom and a functional home office. However, it is possible to create a small bedroom that doubles as a home office. With a little bit of planning and some creative furniture arrangements, you can make the most of your small space.
When setting up your small bedroom office, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure you have a comfortable desk and chair. You will also need to consider storage, since you will need to keep office supplies and equipment close at hand. And lastly, you will want to make sure your office is well-lit and has a good source of natural light.
With a little bit of planning, you can easily turn your small bedroom into a functional and stylish home office.
Using a wardrobe as a divider
If you have a small bedroom, you may be looking for ways to save space. One way to do this is to use a wardrobe as a divider. By placing your wardrobe in the middle of the room, you can create two separate areas: one for sleep and one for dressing. This can be a great way to make the most of a small space.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you decide to use a wardrobe as a divider in your small bedroom:
- Make sure you have enough clearance around the wardrobe so you can open the doors.
- If possible, place the wardrobe against a wall to create more space in the room.
- Use storage boxes or baskets to keep items organized and out of sight.
- Place a mirror on the inside of one of the wardrobe doors to help reflect light and make the room bigger.
If you are looking for ways to make your small bedroom look bigger, using a wardrobe as a divider is a great option.
Using a Barn Door
If you have a small bedroom, you may think that you don’t have enough space for a barn door. Barn doors are becoming increasingly popular in home design, but they are often associated with larger spaces. However, barn doors can actually be a great option for small bedrooms.
- Barn doors can save space. If you have a small bedroom, you may not have room for a traditional door. A barn door can be a great space-saving solution.
- Barn doors can add character. If you want to add some character to your small bedroom, a barn door can be a great way to do it.
- Barn doors can be a privacy solution. If you are worried about privacy, a barn door can be a good option.
Renovate your small bedroom with 9Creation!
A professional interior design service, such as 9Creation, can make your home listing one of the best investments you make in getting more buyers into your home. By creating an interior design and a 3D representation of your home, you’ll get the best visualization of your long-last investment before making the most significant decision. Get yours with 9Creation here to prevent unwanted results that will waste your money and time.
Visit our showroom at East: 140 Paya Lebar Road #01-14, AZ @ Paya Lebar S(409015) or West: 18 Boon Lay Way #01-98A Tradehub 21 S(609966).