Are you planning on renovating your home? Do you know how much a renovation would cost? And are you confused by all the conflicting information online?
If you are planning on spending thousands of dollars or maybe even tens of thousands of dollars on renovations in your home, then you need to understand that your money will be better spent elsewhere.
Renovating your home could be an extremely good investment. But if you don’t know how to find a good deal, then you could be spending more than you need to. Plus, you will likely pay a lot in interest if you put it off for too long.
In this article, we are going to show you where to spend and where to save your renovation budget.
So if you are planning on spending thousands of dollars or maybe even tens of thousands of dollars on renovations in your home, then read on.
The kitchen: where to splurge and where to save
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home, so it’s no surprise that renovating this space can be a big investment. But with a little planning, you can create a kitchen that’s both beautiful and functional without breaking the bank.
Here are a few tips on where to splurge and where to save when renovating your kitchen:
- Splurge on high-quality kitchen cabinets. This is one area where you don’t want to skimp, as cabinets are a major focal point in the kitchen. Plus, high-quality cabinets will last longer and stand up to wear and tear better than lower-quality options. Cabinets are another key area to focus your budget. You will want to choose a material that is both durable and stylish. Hardwood cabinets are a great option, and will add value to your home. But, you can also save on cabinets. Cabinets can be purchased at a variety of price points. And while high-end cabinets will be well-constructed and look great, you can find less expensive options that will still look good and function well. So when it comes to the kitchen, splurge on the flooring and save on the cabinets.
- Save on countertops. There are a lot of great options for countertops that won’t break the bank. Consider cheaper materials like laminate or ceramic tile. But, if you want to add value to your home you can buy more expensive material like granite.
- Splurge on appliances. When it comes to appliances, it is important to buy the best that you can afford. Cheap appliances will break down more often and won’t last as long, so it is worth it to invest in quality.
- Splurge on flooring. When it comes to the kitchen, there are a few areas where it pays to splurge. Flooring is one of them. A high-quality, durable floor will last for years and years, even with heavy foot traffic. Plus, it will resist stains and scratches, which is important in a busy kitchen.
The bathroom: where to splurge and where to save
When it comes to your bathroom, there are some things you should splurge on and some things you should save on. Here’s a quick rundown of what you should keep in mind when outfitting your bathroom:
- Splurge on high-quality plumbing fixtures. This will save you money in the long run by preventing leaks and other problems. For example, a good shower can make all the difference in your bathroom experience. Make sure to get a shower with good water pressure and plenty of space.
- Save on towel racks and other non-essential items. You can find some great deals on these items at your local home improvement store.
- Splurge on a good quality toilet. A high-quality toilet will last longer and save you money on repairs down the road.
- Save on shower curtains and other decorative items. These items can be easily replaced if they get damaged or worn out over time.
The bedroom: where to splurge and where to save
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house – it is where we start and end our day, so it is important to make sure it is a space that feels calm, peaceful, and serene. But designing a bedroom that looks and feels like a luxury retreat doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, there are a few key areas where you can splurge and a few areas where you can save, and still end up with a beautiful, functional bedroom. Here are a few tips on where to splurge and where to save when decorating your bedroom:
- Splurge on a comfortable mattress. You are going to be spending a lot of time in your bed, so it is important to make sure you have a comfortable mattress. It is worth it to spend a little extra money on a mattress that you will love. It is worth investment in a bed that’s comfortable and will last.
- Save on bedding. There is no need to spend a lot of money on high-end bedding. You can find cheaper bedding online.
- Save on furniture. You can find quality furniture at a fraction of the cost by shopping at second-hand stores or online.
- Save on windows treatment. Eventhough, windows treatments are one of the most important aspects of your bedroom. And they play a crucial role in maintaining the privacy of your space, and can also help to regulate the temperature in your room. You can always find a cheaper version online.
The living room: where to splurge and where to save
The living room is one of the most important rooms in the house. It’s where we entertain guests, relax after a long day, and generally spend a lot of our time. Because of its importance, it’s important to make sure that the living room is a comfortable and stylish space. But comfort and style don’t have to be expensive. With a little bit of planning, you can create a living room that’s both stylish and comfortable without breaking the bank.
When it comes to furniture, it is usually best to splurge on the pieces that you will use the most. Here are a few tips on how to splurge and save in your living room:
- Splurge on comfortable furniture that you will love spending time in. For example, if you entertain guests frequently, invest in a comfortable sofa and coffee table. But if you’re more of a homebody, you can save on furniture by opting for cheaper pieces that serve the same purpose.
- Save on window treatments. Consider using blinds or shades instead of curtains or drapes. Blinds and shades are often more affordable than curtains and drapes, and they are also easier to clean. You can find some great deals on curtains and blinds. Awnings are also typically more affordable than curtains and drapes.
- Splurge on a statement piece, like a piece of art or a rug. You can find these items for a fraction of the price at thrift stores or online.
- Save on wall decor. Like vases and picture frames. Rather than spending a lot of money on art or sculptures, try something more budget-friendly like hanging tapestries or large mirrors. You can find these items for a fraction of the price at thrift stores or online.
Why you need to hire interior design to renovate your home
If you are planning to renovate your home, you may be considering doing the work yourself or hiring a professional. While it’s certainly possible to DIY your home renovation, there are some good reasons to hire an interior designer.
For one, interior designers have a keen eye for detail and can help you create a more cohesive look for your home. They also have access to a network of resources and suppliers that you may not be able to find on your own. An interior designer can help you save money in a number of ways. They can help you create a design that is both stylish and functional. They can also help you find ways to reuse and recycle materials, which can help you save even more money. And, perhaps most importantly, they can help you avoid making costly mistakes.
So if you are considering a home renovation, be sure to hire an interior designer to help you achieve the perfect results.
Save budget on your home renovation with 9Creation!
A professional interior design service, such as 9Creation, can make your home listing one of the best investments you make in getting more buyers into your home. By creating an interior design and a 3D representation of your home, you’ll get the best visualization of your long-last investment before making the most significant decision. Get yours with 9Creation here to prevent unwanted results that will waste your money and time.
Visit our showroom at East: 140 Paya Lebar Road #01-14, AZ @ Paya Lebar S(409015) or West: 18 Boon Lay Way #01-98A Tradehub 21 S(609966).